The XGA-resolution Sony VPL-TX70 Networked Education Projector is called by the company one of its "Teacher's Pet" models. It's not hard to understand why. With 2600 lumens and a contrast ratio of 900:1 it has the projection power to allow enough ambient light so students can take notes and follow along with handouts or books.
Its 0.63" 3LCD imaging panels (the part that creates the image) deliver sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the VPL-TX70.
The VPL-TX70 also has the international credentials you've come to expect in more expensive projectors. It's got a world-ready 100 to 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply. It can handle NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM video signals. And it has an 11 language onscreen display (OSD). What's more it can handle a variety of standard, enhanced and high definition signals.
The VPL-TX70 also decodes and displays closed captioning from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairment. It also helps people whose native language isn't English.
Although the VPL-TX70 can be permanently mounted, at less than seven pounds it's great when you need a projector you can move from room to room. In that case you'll appreciate its Off & Go feature. You can turn off the power without waiting for the projector lamp to cool down.
- 2600 And a 900:1 Contrast Ratio: No need to turn out the lights! The VPL-TX70 delivers 2600 lumens, bright enough to be clearly seen in normal room lighting, so students can take notes and follow along with handouts.
- 0.63" 3LCD Display Panels: 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the VPL-TX70. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience.
- Affordable: Priced to bring excellent brightness and advanced features within reach. It's simple mathematics with 3LCD technology: lower general maintenance costs and a longer lasting projector = a lower total cost of ownership.
- Sleek Design: The design features a unique body shape that broadens towards the front allowing images to project upwards on the screen so minimal tilt adjustment is required.
- Network Ready: Thanks to its built in RJ45 (Ethernet) jack the VPL-TX70 can be operated over a LAN from across the hall or across the campus. It even has its own built-in HTTP page for remote control and monitoring over a network. And when certain error conditions exist or the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life the projector can email you to let you know.
- World Ready: In addition to NTSC (the North American standard) this projector can display video signals in the NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, and SECAM systems. It can also handle a wide variety of SDTV, EDTV and HDTV signal (480/60i, 480/60p, 575/50i, 575/50p, 720/50p, 720/60p, 1080/50i and 1080/60i). It's got an auto switching 100 to 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply and a 17-language onscreen display (OSD).
- Variable Audio Out: A powerful five watt speaker provides volume needed for large rooms. But if it's not enough, variable audio out enables you use optional self-powered external speakers connected to the projector.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Whole Audience: This projector can display closed captioning from sources that provide it. CC comes in handy not only for the hard of hearing but also for those learning English as a foreign language. And it can help you get your message across in noisy environments too.
- Direct Power On/Off: With this function, standby mode can be skipped over to activate the projector immediately. The projector can be turned on or off using a circuit-breaker switch on the wall.
- Anti-Theft Features: Password protection helps prevent unauthorized usage. The control panels can be locked to help prevent inadvertent or unauthorized adjustments. And there's even a security bar to allow connection to an optional security cable such as antitheft chain or wire.